Become an Intern at CITYarts!
CITYarts welcomes talented individuals to apply for internships that provide resources for arts training, real-world experience with projects and artists, school credits and stipends.
CITYarts engages youth and professional artists in the creation of public art, including murals and mosaic. Through this creative process, CITYarts empowers, educates, and connects youth and children locally and around the world to become active participants in realizing their potential and transforming communities.
The Design interns, reporting to the Project Coordinator, will provide essential assistance in designing and implementing all promotional material for CITYarts. Design interns will be responsible for designing brochures, flyers, books, and handouts. Additionally they will work under the Project Coordinator and Assistant to the Director to manage and update all social media platforms and our website
· Interested in non-profit fundraising for the arts
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
· Experienced with social media outreach
· Experienced with Illustrator and Photoshop
· Previous knowledge of Salesforce a plus
· Energetic and personable
· Managing social media platforms
· Creating promotion material both printed and digital
· Researching like-minded companies for collaborations
· Outreach to communities
· Assisting with the development of promotional videos
· Adding contacts to CITYarts’ donor database, Salesforce
summer internships opportunities will be posted here during the first week of April.
QUALIFICATIONS – All interns should be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and willing to learn Access. We are looking for interns who are motivated, flexible, committed, and have an interest in the arts and/or the non-profit industry. A positive, enthusiastic attitude is a must.
SCHEDULE – Interns design their own schedule with CITYarts’ staff. Average of 15-20 hours a week.
BENEFITS – A CITYarts’ internship offers a comprehensive introduction to the non-profit art world and can provide meaningful professional development to a committed and motivated individual. School credit & a stipend will be provided.
TO APPLY email a COVER LETTER and RESUME to Brittany Cassell, Assistant to the Director at email@example.com.
Please indicate a particular area of interest, as well as your weekly availability. Interviews may be scheduled following receipt of written inquiry.
Hear from our past interns!
"My favortive part of interning was meeting new peoiple from diverse backgrounds!
- Ingrid, Bookkeeping Intern for Fall 2017
"I would recommend this internship to anybody internested in learning about nonprofit culture!"
- Alicia, Design Intern for Fall 2017
" My favorite part of interning at CITYarts was being actively involved in community service all the while gaining invaluable skills in non-profit operations.
-Richard, Development Intern for Fall 2017