Alice on the Wall
CITYarts will restore its #328th mural project, Alice on the Wall. This mural was originally created after 9/11 as a way to encourage students at Stuyvesant High School to return to school. Now, every summer a new generation of students make it their duty to restore the mural and to add their voices.
Washington Market Park on Chambers Street, between West St and Greenwich St.
- Stuyvesant High School students
- Local Community
CITYarts strives to:
- Engage neighboring youth to become actively involved in transforming their community
- Revitalize the neighborhood space to make it more welcoming and enjoyable for the community
- Bring together youth and families to collaborate on a project that will improve a significant communal space and their quality of life
- Empower youth to take leadership roles in acting as a positive force in their community while learning practical skills
April 2019 - September 2019
Fundraising Goal: $31,500